- This event has passed.
March 2023 Seniors Technology Session
8 March @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm$15.00
Helping seniors to build a healthier relationship with technology
Monthly topics will cover computers, phones, tablets, laptops, TVs and Audio devices depending on the month
These Sessions are restricted to 12 participants so make sure you and book each session early to avoid missing out!
This Months’s session will cover:
- Government Essential Services (My Aged Care, Qld Transport, The ATO, Medicare, MyGov etc)
- Who is this for: Anyone who has not used any of these services and would like to.
- What services are available.
- How to access them via phone/tablet or computer.
- How to sign up to them.
- A brief overview on how to use them.
Background of our presenter:
Graham MacDermott is the principal of The Tech Tutors a business established specifically to provide affordable help for Seniors.
Graham has a patient approach to teaching and can adapt teaching methods to suit each student.
His back ground includes over 35 years of various technology experience including 16 years in law enforcement.
Graham worked as a Detective in the Queensland Police Service where he developed skills in forensic computing.
He was also fortunate enough to obtain some of his training through the FBI.
Graham became a trainer himself in forensic practices, teaching other officers these skills and has run many training courses related to technology.
He continually pursues training himself in a wide variety of technology venues but has a strong passion for cyber security.
His drive is to teach people how to develop a better relationship with technology, but also how to secure yourself while venturing amongst it.
About the Seniors Committee:
The Seniors Committee exists to foster commerce among Seniors within the Chamber’s precincts with an emphasis on Seniors needs.
The emphasis is to bring together organisations (for profit and not for profit) to better cater to the needs of Seniors within our community
We do this by maximising the greater resources available through the Chamber including:
- through networking, information exchange and education;
- through developing apolitical, positive relationships and communications with all levels of government;
- by contributing to the wider social, health and well-being of our community.
To learn more about the Seniors Committee go to: Seniors Committee