Privacy & Cookies Policy
Become a Member
Attend an Event
Find a Member
Get in Touch
The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.hillschamber.org.au website (the “Service”). The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. is an Australian company subject to the laws of Australia.
This website was not created to serve, nor does it actively market to residents of the EU (European Union) or the United Kingdom.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect, process, use and disclose your personal data through your use of our site www.hillschamber.org.au, including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our newsletter or take part in a giveaway or competition, and the choices you have associated with that data.
Also, please read our Website & Product Terms & Conditions.
Service: Service is the www.hillschamber.org.au website operated by The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc.
Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated using the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). It does not include anonymized data. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, last name, username, title.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- create, submit, import, save or publish an event;
- create or edit a listing on our member’s directory;
- add or remove members from your team membership;
- enter a competition, giveaway, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive data about you from various third parties and public sources including Gravatar, MailChimp, Wordfence, Antispam Bee.
- Social Media platforms such as Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
- Analytics providers such as Google; and
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal and Stripe.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you fill in our contact form, we collect the data shown in the contact form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. We keep all data submitted via contact forms for 12 months. We do not use the data submitted for marketing purposes.
Use of Data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
- To monitor the usage of our Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any email or by emailing us at email@example.com
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- if you provided us with your details and given consent at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
In compliance with the Spam Act, all email sent from us will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender.
In addition, all email messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further email communication from us.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail and telephone. This also applies when you register for our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on this site.
We are committed to keeping your -mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third-party individual, government agency, or company at any time unless strictly compelled to do so by law.
We will use your email address solely to provide timely information from and about The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc.
We will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable laws. Email is not recognised as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk.
Some of the information you may enter on our website will be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
For example, if it is necessary to provide you something you have requested (like enable a feature such as recurring payments), then we may share your and/or your Subscribers’ Personal Information with a Service Provider for that purpose. Examples of Service Providers include payment processors, hosting services and content delivery services.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information. T
he payment processors we work with are:
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services.
Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
MailChimp Newsletter Tracking
The newsletter of The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. is delivered by our third-party service, MailChimp and contains tracking pixels.
A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in such emails, which are sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. This allows a statistical analysis of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns.
Based on the embedded tracking pixel, the The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. may see if and when an email was opened by a data subject, and which links in the email were called up by data subjects.
Such personal data collected in the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters are stored and analysed by the controller in order to optimise the delivery of the newsletter, as well as to adapt the content of future newsletters to better match your interests.
You can choose to opt out of our newsletters and marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
Links To Other Sites
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Protecting your data
We are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to our website. We use the information we collect about you to maximise the services that we provide to you.
We respect the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided by you and adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles.
You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email.
All information we receive from our customers is protected by our secure server. Our secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all customer data collected is secured against unauthorised use or access.
Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data while in our possession or control. We will not knowingly share any of your Personal Data with any third party other than our service providers who assist us in providing the information and/or services we are providing to you.
Some of our service providers may be overseas and may not be subject to Australian Privacy Laws. Please contact us if you require specific details.
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to this website or to us by email, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis.
We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who on our team has access
Some members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds, organise newsletters, check you in during events and support you.
Retention of Data
The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable taxation laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and potentially approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and assist in meeting customer needs generally (see our Cookies policy).
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.hillschamber.org.au/contact-us/
- By phone number: 0417 883 688
- By mail: PO Box 243, Ferny Hills, QLD 4055
Effective Date: 1 March 2019
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit.
A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
- To enable certain functions of the Service
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Service is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
Testing, Usability, and Performance Improvement Purposes
Some of our cookie/device tracking happens via 3rd party vendors like WooCommerce, Events Calendar, Wordfence, Email Address Encoder and Anti-Spam Bee other times we use our own indexes to identify activity related to specific cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year.
If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Facebook Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
What are your choices regarding cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Changes To This Cookies Policy
We may update our Cookies Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Cookies Policy on this page.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service, prior to the change becoming effective and update the “effective date” at the base of this Cookies Policy.
You are advised to review this Cookies Policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this Cookies Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, please contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.hillschamber.org.au/contact-us/
- By phone number: 0417 883 688
- By mail: PO Box 243, Ferny Hills, QLD 4055
Effective Date: 1 March 2019
The Hills & Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc. is a local Chamber of Commerce supporting businesses and the community in Arana Hills, Ferny Hills, Mitchelton, Everton Park and surrounding areas.