Brisbane City Council aims to drive suburban economic vitality by supporting initiatives and activations that bring communities and consumers into local precincts.
The Lord Mayor’s Precinct Promotion Fund invites business leaders, businesses and trader groups to apply for sponsorship of up to $10,000 for events and activations that create lively and vibrant local business areas.
How does it work?
Consideration will be given to sponsorship applications that contribute to the delivery of one or more of the following:
- potential to generate additional foot traffic and potential customers for surrounding businesses
- potential to activate shopfronts through art, displays, exhibitions or pop-ups
- potential to bring activity and interest to suburban business areas through festivals, markets and events.
To be successful, the application must demonstrate strategic alignment with Council’s Economic Development Program, such as:
- Key Objective 2 of Brisbane’s Economic Development Plan 2012-2031 for Growing a Productive Economy
- Brisbane’s Future Blueprint Principle 1: Create a city of neighbourhoods, Action 1.4 Incentivise social enterprises and start-ups to locate in empty suburban shop fronts
- Brisbane’s Future Blueprint Principle 3: Create More to See and Do, Action 3.5 Bring more festivals and markets to the suburbs
How can people apply?
- Interested business leaders, businesses and trader groups can contact Council’s Economic Development team via firstname.lastname@example.org to briefly outline their proposal. A member of the team will contact them to discuss the proposed activation. Following the initial discussion, a formal application can be made via Council’s sponsorship program.
Applications close Monday 10 May 2021 and further information on this initiative can be found here.