Become a Member
Attend an Event
Find a Member
Get in Touch
The Seniors Committee exists to foster commerce among Seniors within the Chamber’s precincts with an emphasis on Seniors needs.
The emphasis is to bring together organisations (for profit and not for profit) to better cater to the needs of Seniors within our community
We do this by maximising the greater resources available through the Chamber including:
- through networking, information exchange and education;
- through developing apolitical, positive relationships and communications with all levels of government;
- by contributing to the wider social, health and well-being of our community.
A significant portion of the leadership of the Chamber could be described as belonging to a definition of Seniors. However a significant number of constituents within the Chambers reach could be described as Seniors who have difficulties a number of issues including:
- Lack of technology skills that increase isolation and diminish engagement socially and or commercially.
- Finding purpose in their lives
- Being able to find trustworthy resources and people to meet their needs
- Finding opportunities to contribute
The Seniors Committee is intended to:
- Identify unmet needs of Seniors.
- Identify opportunities for Seniors to contribute their time, talents and resources for the betterment of our community
- Establish initiatives to address both Social and Commercial needs & wants
- Create ‘ ’ (Retired turned round) Initiatives to engage energy and talents of Seniors for the Chamber and general Community’s benefit.
- Assist Seniors to increase their technology skills
If you would like to consider joining the committee contact any of it’s current members.
Our Goals for 2023
- Christmas in July
- Senior Month in October
- Senior Christmas Lunch in December
Isolation & Loneliness Project
- Continue to organise our ‘Over the Hills (and still going) experiences. Activities in the parks of the Hills area, meeting to do or chat about Books, Art, or Music. The Arana Hills Library, together with Gail Price from the MBRC Community & Cultural Programs, is supporting us in this project.
- Assist Seniors to increase their technology skills by using the Library Technology programs (and then going onto other areas of learning).
- Promoting exiting activities and senior organisations in our community by our newsletter.
For more information contact a committe member (their details will appear when you click on ther images) or email: email@example.com
0410 516 628
0438 910 462
07 3289 1704
0448 186 115