Become a Member
Attend an Event
Find a Member
Get in Touch
Meet the Candidates Committee
Aims of the Committee:
- To provide a structured, balanced forum for candidates who nominate for election at any level of government—local, state or federal.
- To invite all known candidates for selected seats to participate
- Subject to committee resources, to provide a forum for candidates to express their aspirations, political affiliations or independence of affiliations and to respond to questions from the electorates.
- The committee may invite suitable sponsorship for an event.
Aims of the Forum:
- Provide an opportunity for chamber members and the community to question and hear the responses of candidates standing for election in selected seats at any level of government—local, state or federal.
- Provide the community with an arena to hear political discussion free of overly enthusiastic or disruptive attendees. We may provide light refreshments to registered attendees to encourage a friendly and cooperative atmosphere.
- Allow The Hills & District Chamber of Commerce Inc. to express their aspirations on behalf of their members.
- Provide an experienced chairperson to ensure that a balanced, cordial arena will provide all candidates with the opportunity to explain why they are offering themselves as candidates.
All Candidates or Community Members Enquiries:
Brian Battersby – phone: 0418 878 508 email: email@example.com
Richard Froehlich – phone 0491 156 741 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 State Election
Meet the Candidates Committee – Local Government Election 2020
Brian Battersby OAM
Chairperson & Exec Member
0418 878 508
0413 741 456
Dr. Lynette Finch
0451 030 188
0491 156 741
Lindsay Adams OAM
0438 180 358
0417 229 009