The Seniors Committee of The Hills and Districts Chamber of Commerce Inc and the Older Women’s Network (Qld) (OWNQ) Mitchelton Branch have combined to create a joint venture to address the needs of older people, including dealing with isolation and the use of technical knowledge for all seniors.
The objectives of this joint venture include:
- Giving Seniors a voice
- Visibility in the community
- Personal empowerment in the use of technology
- Reduce the feelings of isolation that many seniors experience
- Strengthen seniors confidence and ability to engage
To achieve these ends, the Joint Venture will:
- Facilitate in live events
- Introduce seniors to the Be Connected website and tools
- To safely connect with others using technology
- Engage with other like minded organisations
- Develop a team of technology support people to assist seniors with basic technology devices, including phones, laptops, computers and tablets/pads etc
To formally launch our joint venture, we will be holding a Lunch Event at the Arana Leagues Club on Thursday 21st October 12pm to 2pm. Just go to the website to book.
If you would like to learn more or if you would like to contribute, visit the Senior’s Committee on the Chamber’s website and talk with a Seniors committee member.
Chair Seniors Committee
Coordinator OWNQ Mitchelton &
Seniors Committee Member