Nominations are now open for The Hills & District Chamber of Commerce Inc. annual awards. The Awards Celebration will take place with our Christmas Celebrations on 10 November 2021 at the Arana Leagues Club from 5.30pm.
2021 has presented us with some challenging situations that have required us to adjust our thinking and our approach to business. The awards are an opportunity for us to acknowledge outstanding work by members and associates – including local business owners who may not be a chamber member, but have achieved in the face of a business landscape that has evolved constantly throughout the year.
The awards categories are as follows:
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award: An individual who has demonstrated excellence in enterprise. They inspire others with their entrepreneurial mindset, creative approach, willingness to take risks and face their challenges with enthusiasm.
- Customer Service Award: An individual or organisation who exceeds all expectation to make the customer experience memorable.
- Leap of Faith Award: An individual or organisation who has shown business dare, creating opportunities for both themselves and their clients through a new venture, expansion or project.
- Hidden Treasure Award: An individual or organisation who displays excellence in their dealings with clients and the chamber, while doing so in an unassuming way that may go unnoticed by many. They may not always be seen but their contribution and support is always above and beyond.
- Community Award: An individual who has made a significant contribution to our chamber &/or the Hills & District Community.
- Local Business Making a Difference Award: A local business (chamber member or not), that has made a significant difference to our chamber &/or the Hills & District community.
Nominations will be open until the end of day on Sunday the 31st of October.
Each year, a member of the Awards Committee (for 2021 it will be Richard Froehlich) are excluded from the nomination process and are assigned to scrutinise the nominations and votes. These results will remain confidential to this member only.
Nominations will be collated, and the top few vote getters in each category will then be announced as the Category Finalists. Members will then vote for the finalist of their choice in each category. This process will occur over the first week of November, and the winners will be announced on the evening of the Christmas celebration on Wednesday the 10th of November.
Awards Night & Christmas Celebrations
While the awards presentation will be a part of the evening, it is not the only focus of our celebration on the 10th of November. As those who attended in previous years will know, it was a great social evening for the members, with plenty of opportunity to network and socialise with other members.
This year we will have our own partitioned off area on the outside balcony at Arana Leagues Club.
Go to our Events page to book your tickets now.